04 January, 2023

...leftovers...

 Yes, yes, we all get it...
We carry the past along with us into the present.
But...
really...
2022?

Here I am, making plans and setting intentions, and the door I closed firmly behind me swings wide open...creaking, shrieking hinges and all...

"Settle"...it intones.
"Settle down and simmer. Settle in....you're not done yet."

That healing?  Welp...
My eldest has pinkeye...and a viral congestion "thing" and we've had to hit pause again. 
Small space living means any illness requires some form of self-sequestering...and halving our living space.  Which, with a rambunctious and ever-curious toddler, is...definitely settling for less.
Ugh!

Thankfully, today...day one...the weather is GLORIOUS!  So, Henri and I are taking full advantage of open windows and open spaces (outside) while Johannes huddles up in his blanket of misery, confined to his room and blissfully excused from any technology-limits.  He's settled in comfortably, with all the comforts of computer~3d printers~Keurig...perfectly prepped for the long haul.  Now he just has to settle down enough to get those eye drops in!

And I?
I'm settling down...down...down...and setting aside my to-do list for today.
Settling in for what's likely to spread like wildfire.  

I'm settling for acceptance that there will always be things that come along to trip us up but healing as an active process means moving through them without falling.

So here I am... 
2023 ...
with last year's lesson on settling learned...no matter how many tests you decide to send my way!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!