25 August, 2009

...bookworms and cuddlebugs...

Mister Man is into books.

In a big way.

Monday is library day...every week, no matter the weather.

This summer we both participated in reading challenges at the local library.
The librarians in the childrens' department were astonished when Mister Man reached the final goal of minutes within a month of having begun. Throughout the summer he won tickets to a Patriots game, three new books, and some arts'n'crafts supplies.
Meanwhile, the librarian at the front desk knows us by sight. And seems to not quite understand that part of her job is encouraging people to read more. She actually poked fun at me for how many books I check out each week...harumph! BTW...I average a book a day, thanks to my insomnia. At any rate, I also got prizes...a nice reusable library shopping bag and a few books.

How nice to be rewarded for something we do naturally. Not a common occurrence is it? Can you imagine if someone held a coffee drinking challenge? Billie and I could go head to head with anyone!

Reading is just the thing, as Mister Man gets older, to bring us right back to one on one. All curled up in a cozy spot with a pile of blankets and pillows and a tower of reading material...those are the moments I'll remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!