24 August, 2009

...a weekend away...

So much of the beginning of the week was colored by the impending anniversary and my desire and need to overshadow the negative with immensely positive activities and memories in the making, that I gave little time or thought to the weekend ahead.

We traveled early on Saturday to Pennsylvannia, cutting our trip into nice, neat pieces.

1)One of the highlights was our first destination, or moreso, the person who awaited us there...my sister, and Mister Man's beloved Tante. We met up at the King of Prussia mall...huge, immense, shop-tastic...and due to its overwhelming size so similiar in feeling to all the other places we've been able to meet up with her. I hold out hope nonetheless that someday, someway...we three will enjoy a cozy comforting visit. Crackling fire, vegan marshmallows and board games.

2)An all to brief visit later, and we were off to our hotel to enjoy the amenities that my first experience with Priceline had garnered us. Two pools and a whirlpool? Bliss! And in what has now become the summer of exponential achievement, Mister Man experimented with putting his whole face underwater! Mami pride!

3)A family dinner that night with relatives I hadn't seen in years, and whom Mister Man had never met before made for an interesting end to the day.

4)The following morning we packed our bags and headed out, determined to enjoy a touristy, vactioney morning.

5)And in the afternoon we went to a beautiful church for a beautiful service to lay my uncle to rest. Once again we were surrounded by people vaguely familiar to me and completely unfamiliar to my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!