18 June, 2009

...support (system) crash...

When's the last time you looked at your life...the day to day daily aspect of it...as a computer program? Not yesterday, last week, ever? Yeah.

Well let's look at mine that way for a moment. There's the preloaded software, right? The daily minutiae...sleep, wake, eat, dress, etc... And then there's all those fancy programs I uploaded: family, work, social life, etc... And then...then there's the viruses, and auto-loads, and lurking-in-the-shadow html: autism, homeschooling, single parenting, estrangement, dating, etc...

See where I'm going yet?

Programs fail. They crash. They auto-delete. They re-script themselves.

And sometimes, when that happens, you never get your original material back. Sometimes, when that happens, data is lost forever. Sometimes, when that happens, the future gets re-written.



I'm all for learning new things. And I think the one thing I need to learn pronto is how to write script into my program for a backup device. I need to create a support system. Because right now the two people that I can guarantee will answer my call no matter what the hour live 8 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!