23 February, 2008

...spiderwebs and sleeplessness...

Once again I'm ashamed to log onto the blogger page and see when last I posted. It seems I keep getting caught up in these blog-free slumps, where days or weeks go by and never once do I sit down and organize my thoughts. Granted, that may be due to the lack of 'deep thoughts' currently swirling throught my grey matter...but really, when has this ever been a forum for deep thinking?!?

Since before Christmas I've been struggling with fairly massive sleep issues...ranging from heart-pounding, pulse-racing anxiety attacks at 3am to full on days without end insomnia. Perhaps the mister man is sucking the sleep out of me? He seems to be doing fairly well with the concept of 'a body at rest tends to stay at rest' and is actually up to five hours at a time of solid sleep. Amazing! Last year at this time it was only about two hours before he'd thrash about.

At any rate, the effects of my sleeplessness run the gamut from diminished thought capacity to full on clumsiness. The other day the mister man and I were walking through a mini-blizzard to the grocery store and I quite literally walked straight into a tree. Face...meet Bark. A quick recovery and appraisal of the vicinity to make sure I'd had no audience, and off we went...only to have the mister man then tell everyone we ran into that 'Mami runs things over'. Brilliant.

Spring may be slow in poking its head out...but that isn't quelling the urge for the annual spring clean-out. Note the fact that I use clean-out, not cleaning. Every year around this time I find myself ready to toss out half of the contents of my house, and start fresh. Financial concerns being what they are, this urge is usually stopped in its tracks right after the first gimcrack or thingamajig has been tossed into the dumpster.

I'm ready to repaint...and have been ready for quite some time. But with spring on the way and warmer weather just around the corner...I'll be able to open the windows and do so. Of course the first step is taking down all the pictures and nails...and finally getting at a few of the cobwebs. Apparently the spiders are foregoing the front entrance and it's clear 'Keep Out' sign.

And this above...this is what happens when I sit down to write and haven't yet had enough coffee. Apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!