23 February, 2008

...daddies and other unachievable dreams...

Yesterday our dear friend Alex came by to pick up a banquet table that I had offered up in a 'you or the dumpster' sort of a way. Yay...another aquisition of the ex's goes poof and disappears! In order to get it from my house to hers she enlisted the help of her friend Chris and his truck.

And upon his arrival, the mister man, who usually disappears from sight when visitors walk in, piped up 'Hi, I'm ___, let's play". Awwww! I swear he has spidey sense where testosterone is concerned. Chris, being a combo good sport, father to four of his own, and genuine all around nice guy (I know, I know, a vanishing species) spent about 45 minutes playing with my son afer we got the table into his truck. Alex and I just sat and chatted and listened as my son had the best time in ages.

*insert heartache*

When I put the mister man to bed last night, the bedtime ritual over, he drowsily hugged me and said 'he should come back to play...he can be my daddy'. Oooof...sucker punch to the gut.

And to make matters 'worse' or more heartwrenching I was informed this morning that what my son really wants for his birthday is "transformer tank, its green...and ice cream...and a daddy to play with...come on, let's go buy them at the store..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!