08 December, 2007

...comfort in a cup, hugs in a blanket, and tissues without tears...

Ok...the week wasn't totally bad. I have some really fabulous friends. And one in particular takes the cake. She sent us a care package with COFFEE (Dunkin' Donuts Hazlenut...the best!!!)and all sorts of assorted goodies, including a handmade gift for the mister man...a knot blanket made out of Spiderman fleece! Cozy, comfy warmness! :) We both love it! And boy, let me tell you, opening a care package in the middle of your living room with the mister man doing some sort of crazy bouncy happy dance is about as good as it gets. Feel the love! And we managed to make it all the way to the following morning before digging in to the biscuit mix and coffee.
Admittedly, I did "re-wrap" one of the goodies in the care package, so I would have something under the Christmas Tree to unwrap!

We also got a lovely package from my mom for St. Nikolaus' Day. Kudos on the presentation, despite, I'm sure, the U.S.P.S.'s best efforts to shake, rattle and roll the contents to smithereens! Finally, I have a flat wire whisk...all the better to cook with! Thanks Mom! And she sent the mister man the coolest craft "my tissue art"...comes with precut colored tissue paper squares and pre-sticky-ed shapes to stick them on to make cute artwork. Fun and (potentially) mess-free! He is so psyched for his friend Nick to come over for arts'n'crafts. Now if only I could get her to the comfort level of computer savviness that is required to read this blog! Hah!

Speaking of...over the summer we had a weekly arts'n'crafts session with friends here...and boy did we churn out some masterpieces. Honestly, I always knew I was creative (musical theatre, much?) but I never really thought I had much of a knack for hands-on art...drawing, painting, etc... How wrong I was...I have since learned that I am the go-to mom for inspiration on craft projects. Coolness!
Anyhow, maybe we'll have to reinstate those sessions this winter. It would be a nice breakup in the week, and a chance for some full on social skills work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!