31 July, 2023

...under (de)struction...

The blank space beckons,
but my heart reckons,
so blank it remains,
for fear...

that words once untapped,
unchecked and untamed,
those words which undammed, 
might pour.

~~~

I've been here...typing into the white space, off and on all month long.  With nothing to show for it.  Because every sentence I've started...I've deleted.
Every post I've written, I've reverted to empty draft.

Sometimes it's not as simple as just writing it out.
Sometimes it's too tangled up to risk it.
Sometimes...
...it's not time yet...even though it is...and isn't...
Sometimes it's the limbo of between then and now and now and then.

Sometimes, the words have to wait until the story is over.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!