27 June, 2023

...leap of faith...

 For my future self, who will want the memory tied to a specific time:

Today, he jumped.
Both feet in the air.
Up, and over.
(On his own timeline, of his own accord, over an impediment of his own making.)
He'd set out his dino puzzles...all in a row...blocking off the doorway.
He trilled out a little lilting call for attention and, sure of the audience, jumped up and over. A self-congratulatory clap... then quick look up for praise.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
~~~
For months now, I've been 'failing' in my pt/ot efforts. The gains, impossible to see. I'd given up, a month ago...packing away the equipment "for a summer break" and revising the schedule to exclude those hopping and balancing and jumping drills.
And today? Today he jumped!
Today, it all came together for him.
By him.

Today he reminded me of the lesson I first learned from his big brother: all the pieces will settle where they are intended to, when they are intended to.
Have faith...stay the course...
Teach...and then let go...
And he'll jump when he's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!