04 March, 2023

...February : The List...recap

  Farewell, February.

Farewell, though so much of you still seems to be lingering...carrying over into this new month with your unfinished business, your tentacles of unresolved trauma and tribulation, your long-reaching consequences.  You've tried your best to throw us off course...and in some disappointing ways, been quite successful.  We'll feel you still, I'm sure, come June.

But here we close the books.  Some boxes checked, and others empty.  An accounting, of where we hoped to be and where we landed. A visual aid to remind me in years to come how best laid plans were thrown off course by illness (yes...again...or is it ongoing?) and emergencies, and reunions...and a revolving door of challenges, choices, and next-right-things.

I feel quite wrung out by you..."I'm tired", my ceaseless chant...or whine...or excuse.
I'm tired.  Too many irons in the fire...too few sparks to keep the blaze roaring.

But here I draw the line:
-------------------------------
Because for as much misery as you brought, we filled you up with moments (big and small) of pure joy, pure love, and pure life.  We poured into you reignited relationships, daytrips aplenty, mini-adventures, hard-won milestones, celebrations...and plenty of cake!



Sure, there are unchecked boxes up above.  Disappointments logged in empty space.
But February...you were full.
To the brim.
To overflowing.
You were full all the way into this start to March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!