10 July, 2009

...ways in which to confuse...

Remember when Mister Man started to read? I do! I do! :)
Well let's just say his appetite for reading material is increasing by the minute. From street signs to cereal boxes to salvage user manuals I just found while unpacking, he's gone full throttle reading machine! Awesome!
So we're now at the library twice a week...with two full bags! He's already finished the summer reading challenge and the pile of books in his little fort is increasing exponentially.
Okay, Mami-brag over! I swear!
The point of this post was to remind you of an old, dear, forgotten friend...

The kooky queen of literal confusion herself...Miss Amelia Bedelia!
I stumbled upon the collection at the Warren Public Library just the other day and HAD to bring them home. Mister Man and I spent a good hour curled up on the couch that night giggling away while Amelia 'steak'ed those beans and 'dust'ed that house!
He's hooked, I'm rehooked...and I'm seriously contemplating sending a few to my friend Katharina who is teaching English in Germany. Can't you just imagine her students' reactions to this crazy convoluted language we speak?!?

4 comments:

  1. Amelia Bedelia! I'd almost forgotten! Oh, I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Amelia Bedelia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I used to love Amelia Bedelia. Past tense, though.

    One of my favorite teachers from high school was this crazy, kooky art teacher who actually named her daughter after the books/character.

    All good, right? Well, two years after I graduated she left her husband, children, and job to begin dating one of her students (a student who graduated the year this all went down, which makes him 18ish and her 35ish). Last I heard, they were married in a very lovely cermony in Ireland.

    The book is forever ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like Amelia, try the Miss Nelson series as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!