20 May, 2008

...winds of change...

I woke up this morning...again...to rain...and the great grey sky...and thought 'what happened to spring?". For the past two months the overwhelming majority of days has been damp and chilly. So I turn on the cd player and pop in Guster...'woke up today...to everything grey..." and dance around the kitchen making coffee.

As already noted, I've been lax in updating this blog lately...my mind has been elsewhere and my current insomnia means every time I sit down all I want to do is snooze...which doesn't make for exceptional writing...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I was thinking the other day how it's funny that we really do let the seasons rule our lives. Fall ALWAYS means back to school...Winter ALWAYS means celebration and goal-making, Spring ALWAYS means renewal and re-assesment... And this year was no exception. Now that spring is here, albeit damp and grey, I'm tackling projects that symbolize renewal...priming and painting the home I shared with my ex-husband and laying to rest the ghost of mutual decisions...emptying the house of things that need to be replaced or are excess or have to many memories attached...and downsizing our belongings to suit the life we do have instead of the one I used to think we should have.

BTW...painting on ceilings is a sure way to wake up with upper arm cramps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!