30 January, 2008

...ice-queen...

This morning, miracles of miracles, the mister man actually made it to school! Which brings the total for January school days attended up to two handfuls?!? Apparently fate had decided he WOULD go no matter what else got in the way, and boy oh boy did the what else try! Last night brought in the windstorm/hailstorm from hell...which combined with my current insomnia...made sleep beyond impossible. At some point though, probably early morning, I did manage to conk out...just in time perhaps...else I would have been awake to see the power go out. Cue the bleary eyed perusal of the alarm clock which reads 5:30...when it's really 7:30 and the bus is rolling ever closer. Unscrambling of head and inner clock rumblings that perhaps the clock is ?wrong?...and full speed ahead to literally throwing clothing on self and the mister man as adrenaline rushes in.
We managed to make it down the stairs in one piece and get both shoes and coats on before the bus pulled up...and then, wonders of wonders...another wrench in the works...literally, a wrench on the door to no avail. Our front door was frozen shut. I think my brain exploded a little!
Wrenching on the door and twisting locks and handles did nothing. So, I bade the child stand back and gave it a good old superhero try with the roundhouse kick...and lo and behold the door un-stuck! (Now if only I could have done it in heels while talking on the phone and drinking coffee...now THAT would be something to brag about!)

Skipping all attempts for any sort of conversational overlap in themes here...

It's dawned on me rather suddenly that with the mister man's 5th coming up we're also coming up on having lived in this very apartment for 5 years and my having been ALONE (cue the sound effects) for over 3 years. How can I ever hope to expand my family or enjoy a leisurely stroll down the aisle if I don't open up to the possibility of dating?!?

BTW...after the three year mark in this very same apartment, the plan was to have had at least one more child and have become a homeowner...hahahahahahaha...
3a.m. this morning had me feeling quite sorry for both self and son...no backyard swingset for him to play on, no loyal pup to wrestle with, no white picket fence (though I much prefer the idea of a stylized hedge!)and absolutely not a thing to show for ourselves after 5 years as a family. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!