31 December, 2007

...the reviews are in...

With but a few hours left of 2007, it is time indeed for the yearly wrap up.
2007 has been for me the year of insight. Certainly a counterpoint to the massive challenges that 2006 had to offer, it has been the year for me to 'rise and shine'. As it began I was very much in the adjustment period of dealing with my son's diagnoses and finally laying aside my anger and resentment in regards to my ex. The prior months (Fall 2006) probably saw me at my worst emotionally, mentally and physically as I wrestled with everything at once. But as 2007 dawned I was finally finding sure footing again.
Spring and summer and fall again brought changes, as always...but this year I was prepared and self-assured...and each transition was smoother than the next.
As I head into 2008 with my handy list of resolutions, I am amazed at my own personal growth. I'm finally beginning to like myself for who I am, and how I look and what I am capable of. Which for me, is somewhat unbelievable!?! :) I really feel as though I now have a much more accurate image of myself and am thus able to make clearer decisions as to what I would like to change.
As with most, my focus in the year ahead is self-improvement. For me that means releasing some baggage, erasing some bitterness, overcoming my trust issues and allowing myself to be open, kind and friendly once again.
Because I have a clearer idea of who I am and what I have to offer, as I close out 2007 I can truly say I am ready for the future to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!