03 October, 2007

...happy october...

Yay! Fall is officially begun! And yes, I know fall 'began' already...but at least in my book it doesn't really start until October. Welcome to cool weather, crisp breezes and the crunch of golden leaves underfoot.



I really truly genuinely like the month of October. Something in the air has me a little bit giddy...dreaming of apple cider, mulled wine, and cozy blankets. And of course there's the fact that the summer heat has FINALLY let up...so long walks in the early evening are actually enjoyable.
I'm looking forward to helping the mister man carve a pumpkin (and by help I do mean doing it for him!) and make a fall wreath with autumn leaves. It's high time that we stop drawing flowers and bugs and move on to pumpkins and turkeys!
He's headed to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with his class. And I'm hoping against hope that this year he brings home a great big giant pumpkin. Last year he chose a rather wimpy one with a dent in one side and a wobble in the base. :( That poor sucker ended up as pumpkin boogers on our front stoop one night. Gotta love living in the ghetto, right?!?
I'm off to sort through recipes for the quintessential (sp?)fall recipe...whatever that may be...and start a whole new seasons worth of crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!