25 September, 2007

...shallow thoughts from a deep mind (or the reverse)... (crosspost)

September is drawing to a close, and after a brief spat with cool weather, we've warmed up again, and my tank tops and I both wish the warmth would last till November. I miss those mild autumns of my childhood, when come Halloween one did not have to wear turtlenecks and long underwear under costumes. Of course someone somewhere is laughing loudly...as it's more than common knowledge that I sport the jeans/tank-top combo all year long!
The mister man will be representing the Batman this Halloween...and has already begun getting into character. At least twice a day we enter stages where I am only allowed to refer to him as Bruce Wayne. I've known now for a while that his obsession had moved from Spiderman to Batman, and it was luck indeed that found me a thrift store goldmine in a $0.90 costume that includes both cape and mask/hat/bat-ears. Rock on! Now all I need for him is black slacks and turtleneck and he'll be good to go. I, on the other hand, am still spinning my wheels in regards to my own costume.
I've rearranged my entire home (or so it seems) and the upshot is that for the first time in years I am actually getting real sleep! Yay me! Could this mean those dark circles under my eyes are a thing of the past? *cross those fingers* Additionally, the mister man now has a defined room for play/therapy and I have a defined place to put him when quiet-time NEEDS to happen.
I find it funny in a sad way that nearly every blog/group/organization online that is Autism related devotes 99% of its energy to 'in-house' fighting. So much for support and community. I liked how Jenny McCarthy said 'my son is my science' or some such sentence. That's just how I feel.
I love the very beginning of each season...as it inspires me to get cooking. It's really the only time I get down to using all those seasonal recipes that I fanatically cut and paste. Fall has me dreaming of apples and squashes and soups. But I know before long I'll be back to my old standards.
Having never had cable, I don't really know what I'm missing...but can it be any worse than 'The Bachelor'. Hurling wads of crumpled-up paper at the tv does not ,in fact, cause the contestants to check their desperation at the door. Do other people change the channel out of embarassment or am I the only one?
Speaking of TV, why do I turn it on for background ambience? At the end of the day when the mister man is finally off in dreamland, I usually settle down on the sofa with a good book and a warm cup....and turn on the tv. Maybe it's the flicker? Or the garbled voices when the volume is a step away from muted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!