08 October, 2023

...25 (in days gone by)...

 In Days Gone By:
 8.October.2022

Tap tap tap.
Fingers on keyboards.
Across the table.

Am reminded, just now, of sitting across the table from Johannes (a different table, with different tech) as he worked on homework and I worked on work (editing) in companionable silence. Chat windows popping up on both screens occasionally, as we politely interrupted one another. The scent of herbal tea steaming into the air around us.

Now we work in silence, together.
Both logged into the same doc.
His cursor kicking mine out of the way.
Occasionally, one or the other of us breaks the silence to "read aloud" (the best editing tool!) and we stop to take a sip and crack those finger joints.

This.
More than I knew to hope for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!