23 November, 2022

...when push comes to shove...

 I needed a push to come back here.
 I needed a firm push to put everything else aside for a few moments and sit in this little space and remember how much better it is when I write things out...
I needed to confront all those half-written drafts and brainstorms that I'd abandoned and come up with the courage to finish each of them.
But every time I opened the door, I didn't want to stay...

So today (having actually planned out time for the task, because planning is the only way to hold myself accountable) I asked my eldest son for help. 

I explained the problem, as best I could. The notion that, visually, the site didn't look like a corner seat in the cafe...it didn't represent the way in which I write. It didn't transport you to my paper-strewn table, where we can catch up over a cup of coffee. It didn't reflect those few stolen moments of calm and comfort that I steal for myself, with a steaming mug and empty page.

So, he fixed it. And fixed me, while at it.

(May we all be blessed with genius sons who can translate all the new tech for our weak little gen-x minds and spout verbatim every bit of self-care trope they've been inundated with!)

So here we are.  Or, at least, here I am.  Having a "if you build it (and then burn it all down and build it again) maybe, just maybe they will come" moment.  Hoping you'll join me for a coffee now and again.

I'll be here...

Thanks, Johannes, for the technical assistance and the shove (direct hit!) to just make the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!