20 August, 2010

...small words...

What a blessing today was.

In the midst of some great tumult in my life, my son and I were able to take today to refocus in on what is most important and really, truly be happy for the moment.

I'm proud of myself tonight as I reflect on where I was 10 years ago, who I am today and what I may become. With all this comfort of time passed by, I now find it easy to see the shining moments more clearly than the dark. The sorrows and heartbreaks and fears of the past have indeed faded with time...receding in the face of minor triumphs and major glories.

It really is a matter of (as I told the Mister Man while kissing him goodnight) never, ever forgetting to dream bigger and better than what you dreamt last.

I know the hard knocks will keep on coming. And I know sometimes I'll stumble, sometimes I'll fall...sometimes I will fail. But I know that pushing onward and upward is the only satisfying way to get through life. And in years to come I know we'll have a great story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the cafe! If you have feedback, questions or suggestions send them my way and I will catch up with you over coffee!